The Covid-19 virus is characteristic by obstructing respiratory pathways with thick mucus that solidifies and blocks the airways and lungs. They key is to apply a medicine to open and unblock these airways so the treatment can take effect. While it takes a number of days to make any treatment effective, here are a few recommendations to safeguard yourself and be in a better position to manage the coronavirus:
- Drink lots of hot liquids (tea, soup, and warm water). In addition, take a ship of warm water every 20 minutes because this keeps your mouth moist and washes any of the virus that entered your mouth into your stomach which the gastric juices will neutralize before it can to get to the lungs.
- Gargle with an antiseptic in warm water like vinegar, salt or lemon everyday if possible.
- While the virus attaches itself to hair and clothes, a detergent or a soap kills it. Yet, it is necessary to take a bath or shower when you return home from outside. Avoid sitting down anywhere and go straight to the bath or shower. If you can’t wash your clothes daily hang them in direct sunlight which also neutralizes the virus.
- Wash metallic surfaces very carefully because the virus can remain viable on these up to nine days. Take note and be vigilant about touching handrails and door handles, etc. Also, in your own house clean and wipe these surfaces down.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly using any soap that foams. Remember to do so for 20 seconds.
- Eating nourishing foods rich in certain vitamins can help your immune system fight off illness. Eat fruits and vegetables. Elevate your zinc levels not only your vitamin C levels. Also, vitamin B6 and E can be helpful.
- Try to prevent yourself from getting the common flu, since this weakens your system. Avoid eating and drinking cold things.
- If you feel any discomfort in your throat or sore throat attack it immediately using the above methods. The virus remains in the system for three or four days within the throat before it passes into the lungs.
May we all be safe and healthy.