spiral2grow, a leading provider in anxiety help in New York City, has professionals that include anxiety therapists and anxiety counselors, who are expert in helping overcome anxiety and build self esteem and confidence. spiral2grow, located in midtown Manhattan at 260 Madison #8023, New York, NY 10016, offers proven anxiety help treatment and anxiety help counseling in a variety of formats: individual anxiety help, anxiety help group therapy a and anxiety help workshop and class.
Anxiety Help – Strategies
Below you can find some strategies to help you with anxiety:
- Try to adapt a positive outlook on your anxiety, taking one day at a time. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Learning to deal with your anxiety can be extremely difficult and may take some time. Take the small step approach and if possible, try to face the things or situations that make you anxious, and feel confident about being able to cope with your anxiety.
- Find ways to motivate yourself, such as setting small and achievable goals. It is sometimes helpful to make a list of particular problems or difficult situations that you would like to overcome and attempt them step-by-step.
- Learn to relax by thinking about things that make you feel calm such as listening to music or reading. You could also use specific relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, or pre-recorded relaxation tapes. This may also help you if you are having difficulty sleeping.
- Do some form of exercise on a regular basis. Physical exercise can trigger brain chemicals that will improve your mood. Feeling better about physically can make you feel more positive about yourself and affect your emotional well being.
- Eat well – lots of fresh vegetables and fruit will increase body energy. Also, try to avoid drinking too much tea and coffee as caffeine can increase anxiety levels.
- Talk to your friends and family about your worries.
- Self-help groups are a good way of getting in touch with people with similar problems. They will be able to understand what you are going through, and may be able to suggest helpful ways of coping.
While self-help coping strategies for anxiety can be very effective, if your worries and fears have become so great that they’re causing extreme distress or disrupting your daily routine, it is important to seek professional help.
Stress and Anxeity Solutions