spiral2grow Marriage Family Therapy, a leading anger management practice in New York City (NYC), employs experts in anger management counseling. spiral2grow, located in midtown Manhattan at 260 Madison Avenue #8023, New York, NY 10016, offers anger management counseling treatment while utilizing cutting edge, proven method to deal with anger issues and overcome them.
Feeling angry from time to time is normal and part of being human. Anger could be channeled negatively or could serve us an internal guidance system. Our anger emotion alerts us when our need is not being met. Yet, it is important to learn the skills to use the anger to our benefit rather than allowing the anger controlling us. This is why you can learn to constructively direct your emotions through anger and emotional management counseling. The following are skills that might be learned in anger management counseling.
- Identify triggers, thoughts and feelings. identify and understand the external events, thoughts and feelings that lead to anger.
- Identify and express needs. Being able to define your needs and express them constructively and assertively
- Coping Responses. Coping and managing the trigger in a healthy ways.
- Change Thought Patterns. Learn to identify and change unproductive thought patterns as well as distorted cognition to healthy and beneficial thoughts.
- Assertiveness Skills. Learn assertive behavior – a win-win behavior (not aggressive and not passive). For example, making “I” statements and stand up for yourself without attacking.
- Healthy Communication Skills – Constructive communication is a fundamental part of a healthy relationship. When you are communicating well, you can work through whatever problem you’re facing, particularly angry provoking situations.
- Relaxation Techniques. Learn relaxation techniques such as breathing exercises, muscle relaxation and guided imagery to reduce stress and anxiety.
Personal empowerment, self awareness, positive self talk, learning to calm oneself down in the face of anger are the important challenges of anger management. Angry behavior is always self destructive, counterproductive and self defeating. The more one can reduce anger and self criticism through developing realistic attitudes and perspective about life and learn about healthy relationship skills, the better we will be able to manage our anger.
Learn more about anger management
Techniques for anger management can be learned by many books. However, it is imperative to translate the theory to practice. As such, it is helpful to interact with a psychotherapist who can monitor your progress, offer objective feedback and encouragement, and help you turn theory into lifelong healthy practice and habit.
Link the link to learn more about anger management by spiral2grow in nyc.