spiral2grow, located in New York City, also provides a unique training opportunity for mental health clinicians in the field of marriage and family therapy (MFT). Since spiral2grow is committed to providing high quality service, their candidates are selectively chosen. The training program gives emphasis to the application of short and long treatment goals, the theory and practice of systemic treatment. It offers therapeutic engagement that may include individual psychotherapy, couple counseling, marriage therapy, family counseling, and group therapy with clients of diverse backgrounds.
Our trainees are closely supervised and trained by AAMFT Approved Supervisors, and/or AAMFT Approved Supervisor Candidates and receive ongoing support, guidance and training. The training program could also serve as an MFT internship placement site for individuals who are interested in becoming Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and is applicable for:
- MFT Masters program students*
- Post-graduate clinicians and MFTs who work toward their licensing
- Licensed MFTs, who are interested in fee-for-service
- Licensed Mental Health professionals who are interested in fee-for-service
* We are looking for interns who desire personal and professional growth and are willing to commit to one-year while averaging about 20 hours per week. This includes a caseload of 10 clients or more, attending supervision, and training, scheduling as well as documenting case information. Trainees are, also, responsible for case presentation, exploration of the use of self in therapy and clinical process.
Upon graduation from their MFT Masters program, successful completion of the training program as well as supervisors’ recommendation, interns may be offered to become Associate Clinicians at spiral2grow and continue their work on a fee-for-service basis.
Our therapy approach emphasizes:
- Effective integration and therapeutic success
- Therapeutic process that is systemic and strategic
- Focus on the client’s strengths rather than pathology
- Develop alliance & recognize the importance of collaboration with the client
- Promote clinical sensitivity and common sense in knowing how and when to use the therapeutic principles.
- On-going performance evaluation
- Utilizing Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) as well as Practice-Based Evidence (PBE)
For consideration or additional information, please contact Moshe Ratson (MBA, LMFT), Director at spiral2grow Marriage Family Therapy. Please submit a cover letter, resume, three references as well as a description of your theoretical orientation and specialties. Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.