Build Your Internal Power (3)
The below list is a continuation of articles 1 and 2 of building your internal resources as the main mechanism that helps individuals to act from a state of happiness:
Your Experience is your Teacher – Whatever in front of us is our teacher. Every experience, regardless of the outcome, is a learning experience that allows individuals to explore and gain insight to become a better person and deal with life in a better way. So, it is important to build upon your experience and use it to for your long term benefit. Connect the dots in your history and experience to enable you to create your unique value. This will allow you to achieve new goals and move toward a brighter destiny and future.
The following are steps to allow you to move forward constructively:
- See the reality and accept it. Don’t deny it. Only if you know where you are, you will be able to navigate to where you want to be. If you don’t know where you are, you will not be able to move in the right direction.
- Define what you want and where you want to be (not what you don’t want or where you don’t want to be).
- Ask what you need to get where you want to be.
- Accept (and appreciate) what you have and understand what is absent in your life to get where you want to be.
- Do your best and work toward achieving what is needed from you. At the same time, accept the cost/investment associate with that. It is important to understand that we all have limited resources and for any new thing you are getting, there is something that you giving. If you say YES to one thing, you say NO to another. So, let go of what you “lose.”
- Be diligent, committed and patient. This is the only attitude that would lead you to success and growth.
Be Altruistic – Be unselfish and have regard or devotion to the welfare of others. Give for the sake of giving. For example: do something meaningful for a total stranger, be polite and courteous to others, say “thank you,” compliment, smile, etc. establish cause or donate to a charity, help someone at needs and share what you have the least.
Be Who You Are – Be real and authentic, because you cannot be anyone else and everything else would be unreal and not attractive. Yet, to be who you are you need to know yourself; your true self, and this requires continual self-awareness and self reflection that leads to growth, acceptance and love.
Trust yourself – Once you know deep (true) self, you learn to trust yourself. We all have the power to deal with whatever life throw at us. We need to believe in ourselves and trust that all challenges are internal challenges, which we can run from. We just need to be committed to better ourselves and accept whatever comes with responsibility to deal with it and respect to whatever comes our way.
Manifest Abundance – Creating success and abundance depends on our beliefs and intentions. It depends on the way we think,. Do you think, believe you have a lot to be thankful? Are you worthy to have love? Do you appreciate what you have? Do you appreciate your partner? Do you look at the positives in your life? If we appreciate ourselves and what we have, then will live happy life, which leads to the feeling of happiness.
Let go – Let go of controlling your life and trust yourself and life in general. Allow yourself to accept whatever the universe brings you while respecting it, while doing your best, when it comes to the things that are within your power and let go of whatever is beyond your power. Adopt the serenity prayer as your mantra: “God (whatever is it for you), grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”
Please visit author, MosheRatson at his google+ Profile:+Moshe Ratson