Rules for Building Self Esteem and Self Worth
Healthy self esteem is normally manifested in difficult and challenging events when the situations trigger uncomfortable feelings. At these moments the individual is required to portray resiliency, maturity and high level of emotional intelligence. Usually, if you have healthy self worth, you stay cool, composed and calculated during the situation, and less prone to impulsivity and reactivity that might be beneficial in the short run but destructive in the long term. Here are some tips you may to consider as a starter guide to build your self esteem or improving yourself:
- Focus on your strength rather your limitations.
- Let go of toxic guilt.
- Don’t be stuck in the past. Make peace with your past and learn from it.
- Replace negative and unhealthy thoughts patterns with positive healthy thoughts and affirmations.
- Find meaning in your life and fulfillment in your activities.
- Increase your moments of joy and happiness. Do more of the things that you enjoy doing and find things that make you laugh.
- Create an environment that would help you grow. Make friends that will support you move in the right direction. On the other hand, avoid people, places, and entities that treat you negatively or that make you feel bad about yourself.
- Replace fear of failure with opportunity to succeed and grow. Have the courage to face the fear and act despite it. Don’t wait for fear to go away, because if you wait, you will never act consistently and successfully.
- If you cannot change your environment, change yourself and your perspective and become more flexible and more adaptable.
- Participate in doing good deeds. Help people at need or just do something nice for others. Be involved with project that creates goodness and happiness.
- Focus on your contribution you can make for a better life rather than comparing yourself to others. Become the best person you can be.
Each moment in your life you have the choice to: Expand-Give-Contribute-Appreciate- live
or to Contract-Take-Pull back-Criticize-Die
Scott Hamilton once said “Adversity, and perseverance and all these things can shape you. They can give you a value and a self-esteem that is priceless.” So, go out there and face the word and do the best you can to become the best you can. This will lead you to greater self esteem and happiness. Remember, it is your choice and your choice only.
Please visit author, Moshe Ratson at his google+ Profile:+Moshe Ratson