The following are self help activities that help building up self-esteem. The activities can be used by yourself, or can be done with your counselor.
- Collect items that make you feel good about yourself. For example, photos of good times, of people you love and who love you too; keep special cards or love letters as well as special recognition’s you have received: awards, report cards, performance appraisals, etc.
- Make a list of things you set out to do and accomplished; things that you are proud off
- Make a list of compliments you receive
- Gather inspirational and uplifting stories, poems and sayings
- Make a list of your personal strengths and positive qualities you posses
- List the good things happened to you during the day. When you are down have a look at your accomplishments and strength to remind you of the positive qualities you posses.
- Surround yourself with healthy relationships. Make sure the environment you are in is conducive to your goals while promoting your self esteem and character.
- Nurture yourself by having fun and doing nice things for yourself on a regular basis.
- Find the time and do something you’ve always wanted to do
- Create a CD with your favorite songs
- Take a day off from work just to enjoy yourself or relax
- Push yourself to do something different and special; have an adventure/fun
- Watch a funny movie and increase your opportunities to laugh
- Buy a ticket to a show or read enjoyable book
- Go to the park to enjoy nature; enjoy the sunrise, the sunset or other natural beauty
Also, positive self affirmations can help you replace a negative thought with a more helpful positive one. Without realizing it you tell yourself negative things constantly. This is called negative self talk. By using the power of positive affirmations and by repeating them you can recondition your brain and change how you feel and think about any situation.
Please visit author, Moshe Ratson at his Google+ Profile:+Moshe Ratson