Goals of Anger Counseling
Anger counseling is designed to help individuals gain a better understanding of acceptable and productive ways to express anger and eliminate aggressive and self-destructive behaviors. Clients in anger management classes learn to recognize and identify the role of individual responsibility in changing their maladaptive behaviors. Anger counseling or anger seminar offers skills for managing anger, and provides assistance in increasing self-esteem and overcoming insecurity.
Anger management goals:
- Reduce levels of anger especially in provocative situations
- Learn effective coping behaviors in order to halt escalation and to resolve conflicts
- Process anger and manage it constructively by understanding its psycho-dynamic
- Learn to express your emotions and needs
- Become assertive (not aggressive nor passive)
- Maintain self-control and focus on healthy and productive behavior
- Develop effective communication skills
The goal of anger management is to use anger or other difficult emotions as a signal that there is a problem or issue that needs to be addressed. Individuals are taught how to slow down their arousal when angered, so that it can be processed and acted on in a proper way without the negative consequences when it is uncontrolled.
The anger program enables clients to reflect on and understand on their reactions in times of stress, anger and other strong emotions. The anger management skills that are learned can be applied with the purpose of stopping conflict situations and destructive patterns.
Please visit author, Moshe Ratson at his Google+ Profile:+Moshe Ratson